E-ZPass: Toll payment is collected electronically through the use of a gadget known as an E-ZPASS. It is used in a number of the states that make up the United States of America. Toll payments in the state of New Jersey are collected through the usage of the NJ E-ZPASS system, making it one of these states.
When you apply for an EZ pass, you will be given a Tag that you must affix to your car in order to receive the pass. This tag, also known as a transponder, has a chip that will enable EZ pass to deduct the appropriate amount of tolls from your account whenever you utilize a toll road, tunnel, or bridge.
What is E-Zpass?
Drivers now have the option of using an electronic toll collecting system known as E-ZPass to pay toll payments rather than paying with cash. Drivers are required to register for an EZ Pass account, apply for an E-ZPass at www.njmcdirect.com, and load money onto the pass. They are required to prepay the tolls, which means that money must be paid to the pass beforehand, and they must also affix an electronic device, often known as a tag or transponder, to their vehicles. At the moment, seventeen different states in the United States, including New Jersey, use EZ pass. When you travel on toll roads, highways, bridges, or tunnels, as well as other types of roadways, you can use this pass to pay the associated toll payments.
Sign up for E-ZPass NJ
In order to obtain an E-ZPass and use it to make toll payments, you will first need to establish what is known as an “E-ZPass Account.” if you are unfamiliar with the steps involved in creating an account. Then, to sign up for E-ZPass NJ, complete the procedures that are listed below:
Launch your favorite web browser and navigate to the EZ pass company’s official website at www.ezpassnj.com (chrome, opera, safari, etc.)
- There will be a choice that says “Sign UP for E-ZPASS,” so keep an eye out for it. Simply choose that link.
- You will then see two options appear on your screen: the first is to register an individual account, and the second is to open a business account. You are only allowed to pick one of them.
- If you are creating the account for you, then select the individual account (it covers automobiles, vans, pickup trucks, motorbikes, and RVs). If you are opening the account for your business, then select the business account (includes tractor-trailers, auto transporters, pickup, vans, cars, etc.)
- After that, tick the box that says “I agree to the Terms & Conditions of the E-ZPass New Jersey Individual/Business Account.”
- After that, in order to continue with the procedure, select the “Enroll Online” option from the menu.
- The next step requires you to input some information, like your telephone number, mailing address, email address, and any other relevant information.
- After you have completed entering all of the required information, select the “Next: Tags & Vehicles” button.
- The next thing that will happen is that you will be questioned about your automobiles and their tags. After you have finished submitting all of the information, click the “submit” button.
Please take note that you will only have 15 minutes to finish the sign-up procedure. Therefore, you will need to move quickly.
Your EZ pass will be mailed to you within the next few days by the E-ZPASS department. But if you need it quickly, you may acquire it by downloading the application, then printing it off and filling it out. The next step is to bring the necessary paperwork to the New Jersey E-ZPass office, where the process will take between two and seven days. After that, you may go to the New Jersey EZ Pass office to pick up your pass.
Requirements for an Individual Account
Each individual account can have a maximum of six tags associated with it.
- vehicles that are registered to private people or that are leased to them and have two wheels
- Autos, motorbikes, pickup trucks, passenger vans, and recreational vehicles (RVs)
Requirements for Business Account
- vehicles that have two or more axles and are registered to or leased by a business or other commercial enterprise
- Single or multiple rear tyres
- Vehicles such as tractor-trailers, pickup trucks, auto carriers, and other types of trucks, as well as buses, vans, automobiles, motorbikes, and recreational vehicles
Login to NJ E-ZPASS
Steps for login to NJ E-ZPASS:
- To begin, open the website for the E-Zpass that is associated with your state (www.ezpassnj.com) on the web browser of your choice.
- You should see a box there that says “login” or “register.” At the very bottom of the box will be a button that says “click here to log in/register.” To use that button, click on the button that says “click here.”
- When you click on something, a new page will appear. You will need to enter your username, password, and security message associated with your NJ E-ZPass.
- After you have finished filling in all of the data, click the button that says “Login.”
- After that, you will have success logging in to your E-ZPASS account.
Reset the NJ E-Zpass password or username
Have you lost either your login or your password for E-ZPASS? You should not be concerned; the EZ Pass website will walk you through the steps necessary to simply reset them. The following is a list of the procedures that need to be taken in order to reset the password and username for E-ZPASS:
- Go to the website located at ezpassnj.com.
- You will notice a box that says “login” and “register.” At the very bottom of that box is going to be a button with the text “click here to login or register.” Simply select it with your mouse.
- After that, it will request that you input your login as well as your password. And underneath that, there will be a link that allows you to reset your password or retrieve your login. Simply follow the link provided.
- You are now required to select which option you would want to forget: the username or the password. Both cannot be reset at the same time. It must be completed one step at a time.
- If you are attempting to retrieve your password, you will need to provide the relevant information, such as your account number, zip code, and username. In order to get the username, you will need the Account number, the Tag number, and your zip code.
- After you have finished entering the information, click the “submit” button.
How many states use E-ZPass?
Presently, the E-ZPASS system is in operation in seventeen states across the United States. Here’s a rundown of the states:
- New Jersey
- West Virginia
- Rhode Island
- North Carolina
- New York
- New Hampshire
How to get E-ZPass in NJ?
Setting up an E-ZPass account is simple and may be done in a number of different ways. Here are a few possible solutions to these problems:
- Online applications can be submitted at www.ezpassnj.com.
- Simply dial 1-888-288-6865 to reach Ez Pass’s helpful customer support team.
- E-ZPass also accepts offline applications at their Newark, NJ location: 375 McCarter Highway.
Can I use NJ EZ Pass in other US states?
Yes, you are able to use your NJ E-ZPass in other states that are part of the United States. There are now seventeen states in which drivers may pay their tolls with an EZ pass. Toll highways, tunnels, and bridges in the states of New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maryland, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Virginia, and West Virginia are all accessible with the use of an EZ pass.
How to pay NJ E-ZPass pass bill?
You will receive a small electronic tag or transponder when you sign up for the prepaid account. This tag or transponder has to be attached to the windshield of your car. This electronic tag features a chip that stores all of your information and can be attached to your belongings.
If you are driving on a toll road, bridge, highway, or tunnel, the E-ZPASS antenna will link with that tag chip immediately. Their computer systems will learn the specifics of your car and deduct the toll fees from your account automatically.
New Jersey E-ZPass Payment Method
- Credit/Debit Card
- Checking/Saving account
Financial Institutions Accepted for Payment
- American Express
How to check my NJ EZ-pass balance?
You are able to check online using the website located at ezpassnj.com. Or you may use the automated EZ Pass phone system at 1-888-AUTO TOLL (1-888-288-6865) and ask for prior transaction data to be sent to your email id, or you can just find out your balance. You also have the option to speak with a representative of the customer service department.
How do I return an E-zpass tag in NJ?
Some individuals send their E-ZPASSes back to the address that is listed on the tag. However, you should not return your item to this location. Send your tag to the New Jersey E-ZPass Customer Service Center at the following address: Post Office Box 52003, Newark, New Jersey 07101-8203. When the New Jersey E-ZPASS department is expecting to get your tag back, provided that it is in acceptable shape. Within the next month, they will return your tag deposit as well as any unused toll amount.
E-ZPass cost in NJ
As part of the overall cost of owning an E-ZPass in the state of New Jersey, a monthly service fee of one dollar is assessed to each and every client. In addition, they are required to pay a statement charge of $1 every other month, and you have the option of requesting that it be sent to either their email address or their physical postal address.
Some Other Charges at NJ E-ZPASS
- If you pay the toll fee with a check and the check bounces, you are responsible for the toll fee. You will be required to pay an additional cost of $25 for that.
- Tag replacement costs $9 for interior tags and $15 for exterior tags in the event that they are lost, stolen, destroyed, or otherwise altered in any way.
- You need to make an initial deposit of ten dollars for your tag.
- If you break any of the terms and restrictions associated with your EZ pass, you will be subject to a fee of fifty dollars.
Can I buy E-ZPASS at the toll booth in New Jersey?
No, you are unable to purchase an EZ PASS at the toll booths in the state of New Jersey. Either you can receive it via the E-ZPass customer care center, or you may apply for it only through the official website for e-zpass, which can be found at ezpassnj.com.
Can I Get a New York E-ZPass if I Live in New Jersey?
You can, in fact, purchase a New York EZ PASS. The following is a step-by-step guide to applying for an E-ZPASS in the state of New York:
- To begin, please go to the New York State E-ZPASS organization’s main website.
- After that, select the button labeled “Sign UP.”
- After that, you will be prompted to choose the state in which you now reside. You are obligated to select New Jersey.
- After that, it will inquire about your particulars and pose a few questions to you.
- After you have finished doing that, you will need to click the submit button.
- As a result, you are eligible for an EZ pass in New York.
Does E-ZPASS charge a monthly fee?
There are, in fact, monthly costs, however not all states that accept E-ZPASS assess these fees. Both New Jersey and Indiana have a one dollar (USD) service fee each month. The price in Virginia is merely fifty cents, but the price in Ohio is seventy-five cents. There are certain states, like New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, Delaware, and Illinois, that do not impose any fees on EZ Pass consumers. In addition, there are a few states that assess a comparatively small cost on a monthly basis.
Can I buy an E-ZPass at Walmart in NJ?
The answer is yes, you can also purchase a New Jersey E-ZPASS at Walmart. However, the price may be different from the price that is displayed on the official website since Walmart adds a one-time convenience charge of $3 to the total. The cost might also vary depending on the state in which you live. For instance, in the state of Pennsylvania, the cost of purchasing an e-zPass from Walmart would set you back $41 dollars. Your account will be credited with $35 for paying tolls, and an additional $3 will be deducted for expenses associated with Walmart. The E-ZPASS annual charge accounts for the remaining three dollars.
Frequently Asked Question
How do I get an E-ZPass in NJ?
You can open a New Jersey E-ZPass account by submitting an application on the website www.ezpassnj.com, applying over the phone at 1-888-288-6865, or requesting an application in the mail. There is also the option to submit your application in person at the E-ZPass Customer Service Center, which is situated at 375 McCarter Highway in Newark, New Jersey.
How much does NJ EZ Pass cost?
Customers of the E-ZPass system in New Jersey are required to pay a yearly cost of $18, which is comprised of a $1 monthly service fee and an additional $1 price for receiving statements every two months. If a new client plans to replenish their tags with cash or a check, they are required to put a refundable deposit of ten dollars each tag. $25 must always be present as a minimum balance in an account.
How long does it take to get E-ZPass NJ?
Within five to seven days, your tags and profile will be uploaded to your account.
How do I contact NJ E-ZPass?
Both our website and the official app for the NJ E-ZPass will provide answers to queries that are asked the most frequently. Our automated voice response system is accessible 24 hours a day at (888) AUTO-TOLL (288-6865). We appreciate you getting in touch with the NJ E-ZPass Customer Service Center.
Does Walmart sell E-ZPass in NJ?
There is a one-time convenience cost of $3 when you make a purchase at Walmart, and there is an annual price of $3 to utilize E-ZPass. A transponder that may be used immediately on toll highways, bridges, and tunnels in Pennsylvania and 15 other states, including New York and New Jersey, is included with the Go Pak.
Can I use NJ E-ZPass in other states?
Because it is an element of the E-ZPass network, it may be utilized in any state that recognizes the E-ZPass as a legal form of transportation. To determine the cost of travelling through New Jersey and other states’ toll facilities in the United States, use the E-ZPass NJ Toll Calculator.
Are tolls cheaper with E-ZPass in NJ?
E-ZPass is not only the most convenient method to travel, but it also allows you to save money on tolls at the George Washington Bridge, the Lincoln Tunnel, the Holland Tunnel, the Bayonne Bridge, the Goethals Bridge, and the Outer bridge Crossing by as much as 25%*. Only accounts managed at the E-ZPass Customer Service Centers in New York and New Jersey are eligible for this offer.
How do I avoid E-ZPass fee in NJ?
If a driver links their New Jersey E-ZPass account to a bank account, credit card, or debit card, they effectively get a free tag as long as they keep it safe and don’t lose it. Even cash consumers receive a discount, since they only have to make a ten dollar tag deposit to start an account in the state of New Jersey.
Does NJ charge more for out of state E-ZPass?
No matter whether state granted a driver’s E-ZPass, they are subject to the same toll charges at the toll crossings that this company manages, which include the George Washington Bridge, the Lincoln Tunnel, and the Holland Tunnel.
Can E-ZPass suspend your license NJ?
Exceptional Circumstances Regarding the New Jersey EZ Pass and Bankruptcy
Additionally, the state has the authority to revoke the debtor’s driver’s licence and/or to cancel, suspend, or place restrictions on the vehicle’s registration.
Can NJ residents get NY E-ZPass?
According to a statement released by the relevant authorities, motorists can obtain a New York-issued E-ZPass even if they do not reside in the Empire State.
How much is E-ZPass from NJ to NY?
For drivers who have a New York-issued E-ZPass tag, the cost to use the vast majority of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (MTA) bridges and tunnels is $6.12; this includes the Robert F. Kennedy, Throgs Neck, and Bronx-Whitestone bridges, as well as the Hugh Carey and Queens Midtown tunnels. The toll is $9.50 for drivers coming from New Jersey and other states, as well as for drivers paying by mail.
Tolls may be paid for quickly and painlessly using E-ZPASS. Both the drivers and the firm stand to benefit from this arrangement. It will save time and effort for the business because they won’t have to manually collect the toll payments. To all drivers in New Jersey who travel on toll roads, tunnels, bridges, and high-occupancy vehicle lanes, we strongly suggest investing in an EZ pass.
We really hope that this information will assist in answering any questions you may have. Please let us know if you still have any queries regarding the NJ E-ZPASS https://njmcdirect.pro/contact-us/ . You may expect a response from us as quickly as we can manage it. You may also call the E-ZPass customer care line at the following number: +1 888-288-6865.